Selling products online can be an effective way to build a business, grow your existing retail company, or just earn a little extra income. Are you taking advantage of its possibilities? Here are the top 5 reasons that you should sell online.
1. It’s where people are shopping. Increasingly, consumers are turning to the internet instead of local retail stores. 89% say that they turn to the internet before making a purchase, according to a recent report from Fleishman-Hillard, and online retail was a $450 billion dollar industry in 2013. Selling online is only expected to grow as people grow more and more connected to the web through mobile devices and increased high speed internet availability.
2. There’s less financial risk. If you open a physical store to sell products, startup costs, such as rent and employees’ salaries, are high. But if you sell online, you don’t even need to invest in creating a website. Instead, you can take advantage of existing online marketplaces, like SheepBuy.com, where you can handle the entire transaction – from listing the product for sale to collecting your profits. This makes the upfront cost to you very little. In fact, with SheepBuy, there’s no cost to you for 30 days, and then there’s just a flat fee of $10 a month – with no subscription or commitment.
3. It’s an opportunity for growth. Physical retail locations have a limited reach. People are only willing to drive a certain distance to get the products that they need. But by selling online, you can expand your reach to anyone in the world. This is particularly valuable to businesses that sell unique goods or products with a niche audience.
4. You’ll earn more for your goods. If you’re selling at your local garage sale, you may have to accept a price lower than an item is worth in order to make the sale. But if you sell online, if your item is valuable, it’s much more likely that you’ll connect with a customer who’s willing to pay the price that it’s worth.
5. It’s easy and safe. There’s no need to set up a merchant account for taking credit card payments or worry about getting paid. Once you set up a Paypal account, this is all taken care of for you. The service is set up to protect both the seller and the buyer, and all you need to get paid is a credit card for verification purposes.
The internet has opened up new opportunities for anyone to become an entrepreneur or expand their existing business. Let SheepBuy help you earn more by selling online.